Thursday, December 12, 2013

Melbourne day 1 continued

Melbourne is awesome. The people here are really friendly and social. Most of the people I've met today have been international backpacker's but a few have been genuine melbournians. I ran into a few dutch backpackers on the bus out of the airport who were telling me about their experiences in Australia thus far - I'll be drinking with them tomorrow night for sure. Also while having dinner in a Thai place I met an Irish / Australian bloke who had been living here for quite some time - I'll also be drinking with him tomorrow. The hostel was the most social though because I met so many different people from Europe. One guy who has the bed just below mine has an extremely american accent but is actually from Belgium. While I was drinking with him I tried very hard not to bring up the conversation of beer with him because I knew he would know more. Did you know that monks make beer in Belgium. How badass is that?

In other news I've made it a mission of mine to drink a beer in every pub I n the city. Tomorrow us going to be fun...



No comments:

Post a Comment