Monday, August 26, 2013

Trouble in paradise

I just finished a 1 hour tutoring class. I could not be more frustrated. The course organization is awful. I was promised to be given the tutorial problems a week before todays class, yet despite me asking the professors and course organizers, I never received them - I only had the solutions. I figured I could wing it on the spot by asking a student to lend me the text book, however no student had the textbook on them. I managed to work backwards from the solution to find out what the problem was, but it made the whole teaching process pretty confusing. To make things worse, 10 minutes of class was meant to be dedicated for the students to meet up with their group members. I thought this was going to be an easy exercise, but it turns out that the professor hadn't told them what groups they were meant to be assigned into yet. The assignment is due next week! I ended up putting students in groups organized in alphabetical order - but it took a long time and we ended up going over time.

To top it all off, students were asking about several typos in the assignment (which I haven't been given a copy of!), and there are several computer issues with the online tutorials which I don't have access to.

It's good to know this course hasn't changed since I was enrolled in it.

In other news, I made a salad yesterday. Wooh

No comments:

Post a Comment