Thursday, August 22, 2013

Smart Sparrow

Both of my jobs are awesome. I love tutoring because it's one of the few things I think i'm kinda good at. Sadly however, the course topics are getting progressively harder, so I can notice the kids who are falling behind because they haven't done any homework since the start of semester. The other job is starting to get really interesting too. Even though it's mostly about computer coding (which I thought I would hate), it's kinda cool being able to have an influence on a program that could be revolutionary to the way Universities teach. UNSW is working with a company who created a program called Smart Sparrow, and I do all my coding through that program and adobe Director. My first project is to create an online tutorial for an Engineering Design course. I think that's really cool because Engineering design, unlike any other Engineering course, has multiple different answers which gives me an opportunity to be creative. Check out the link to see a brief sugar loaded ad for what our team does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc9ZlBUQ7hU

I figure I'm probably boring you with Engineering, but in for a penny, in for a pound... I also went to a lecture today (I know, I know) for my Design course. The guest speaker was talking about intellectual property. I took the lecturers card and kept it for potential later use. I've been clutching onto an idea for a few months now that I think is a good invention that could generate electricity. Maybe it'll be worth looking into once I graduate? It almost certainly won't, but maybe it will :)

In other news, I have snapchat now. That's right, if you know me and if you're a good friend of mine prepare yourself to be bombarded with photos of; food, dog shit, broken stuff, beer and selfies.

Oh, I also decided to hop on the bandwagon and join twitter. So far I don't feel attached to it at all, but i'll give it a while for it's heroin type affect to drag me into it's beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment