Monday, May 27, 2013

Matt J - zero. Matt J Ego - minus one

It finally happened! I reached another record low!

I usually cook meals in bulk so that I don't have to cook very often throughout the week. So when I do occasionally make a meal, it'll be enough to supply the entire house with nutrition. Today was special though because I had 1kg of beef mince to make spaghetti out of. I cooked it all, but was unable to eat even 10% of it. I couldn't find any container in the house big enough to hold the leftovers until I discovered the discarded 4L sour cream bucket that had been taken from the White House. I re-purposed the bucket and left it in the fridge for later. I'm not too ashamed of this so far - in fact, i'm kinda proud. It's what happened next which i'm not too happy about. Later on that day I pulled the bucket out of the fridge to snack on the cold meal some more (it was cold because it wouldn't fit in the microwave and I couldn't be bothered cleaning a plate). As i'm walking toward the couch duel wielding the bucket and an empty jar of Pasta sauce (which I had re-purposed into a glass of water), I slipped on something on the ground. Fortunately I had my priorities right and I caught hold of the bucket and let the jar fall freely to the ground. The glass jar didn't break, but the water sprayed all over my shirt. I also noticed a little pasta spillage by the side of he bucket, so I decided to quickly fix it by licking the rim of the tub. To me, I thought i looked like a hungry uni student who just fumbled to the floor. However, to my roommate I looked like a dog covered in water, on hands and knees and eating scraps out of a bucket by the toilet. My dog, Molly, would have been proud.

In other news, my Thesis due date is coming up! It looks like i'm going to have it finished on time, no problem. However, UNSW has just made a recent decision (like 3 days ago, recent) to upgrade their educational system to a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course). This may not sound like much, but it leaves a shiiiit tonne of potential research to evaluate. Hopefully I can do this before the 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment