Thursday, October 10, 2019

Italy day 2

Today John and I woke up at 8am to begin our day long hike. I stuffed our bag with chocolate muffins, croissants, and cookies, whereas John, insited on packing German sausages, cheese, and water.

The hike was to Mt Resegone. It was beautiful. There were multiple tracks to the summit. One of them involved climing up a vertical cliff face using steel supports. You're required to climb with a via farata set due strong chance of death if you slipped. John tried to insist on climbing it anyway, but I chickened out. After a lot of delibration and awkward map reading, we found another track to the summit that didn't involve the high risk of death. The track was lovely and the views were divine.

At the summit we stopped by a hut to buy some water and beers. Once the locals discovered that we weren't Italian (which wasn't hard given my strong non Italian accent while speaking English), they ripped us off with blatantly fake prices. I didn't care too much - my good mood overcame my stingy inner self.

The long detour cost us plenty of time and made us arrive home at 8:40pm - well after dark. Fortunately we had flash lights to help us navigate our way down the mountain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment