Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hunter Valley

Did you know that there is a word in German for the specific type of pain you get when your left earlobe hurts? Why don't we have a word like that in English? We should have a word which describes that pain! After living with international students for a while now I've started to learn how dreadfully inefficient English is. 1) Some words sound the same but are spelled differently (like "no" and "know") 2) We have silent letters jammed into other words (like "know") 3) sentences whilst clear and easy to understand can still technically be grammatically incorrect (like "You know I no like chocolate"). Now I know I definitely haven't mastered the English language, but from what I do know, I can tell ya it's pretty limited. In my personal opinion, I think we should all abandon English and switch to sign language and grunting. Or if society won't allow me to do that, then fuck it, I'm learning French.

I just came back from the hunter valley today. It was awesome sauce. The food was awesome. The company was good and the bike riding was adventurous. About a week ago, I didn't think "Adventurous" would be the word I thought I'd use to describe what I thought would be a relaxing day of cycling between wineyards and trying different wines. But when you see the News title "Rain-magedon" the same day you drive up to the Hunter you start to change your expectations a lil' bit. It did rain quite a lot on Saturday, but not enough to close any wineries or roads. The plan was to ride a full loop around a bike trail, but one member of our group (let's call him "Tom Mayfield"), despite having weeks of warning, decided that now was the time to tell us that he couldn't ride a bike. God complimented Tom's timing by unzipping his pants and pissing down water at the exact same time. Fortunately, things did get better. Over time the rain got less severe and Toms bike riding got better with more wine. Even though we only made 1/4 of the route we were planning to ride around we still managed to enjoy a shit tonne of wine. Mission complete! In the morning the weather was much better so Jonas, Alberto and I rode the entire bike trail including a good lookout just to make the most of our bikes before we had to return them by 12. Then, after we checked out we visited a few more distilleries and wineries. Yep so it looks like everything worked out after all. Oh, except for the part where I rode my bike into a wall of barbed wire and got slashes up and down my right and left arms. EXTREME!

Oh yeah, a little bit of tension has been building up in the house recently over the mess that has slowly been piling up in the sink. I've suggested public whipping to the person that doesn't clean his/her plate. My idea was down-voted 0 - 6 (even I down-voted it). But now that I've put more thought into it, I've realized that public whipping could be a great way to bond 5/6ths of the house together and make the house cleaner. Bring back the whip!

No comments:

Post a Comment