Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cockroaches, roommates and twins

Day 432.

Cockroaches have taken over the household. Supplies and hygene are at an all time low. We tried spraying the house with "raid", but to no effect. They've already evolved to withstand biological warfare. Also, I'm pretty sure "raid" is just carbonated flavored water. There are so many of them crawling through the kitchen that I can't get a glass of water after midnight anymore without putting shoes on first. A few other brave men and I have taken it upon ourselves to fight back the only way we know how - by using mindless violence. There's a box of tissues by the bench top in the kitchen which has only one purpose - and sadly, it's not for cleaning.

A new roommate moved in today. His name is Harry and he's from England working at the Randwick racecourse as a horse looker afterer. He's pretty cool and super chill. I originally wanted to leave the spot available for a week so that Matt Gates could move in immediately if he wanted to when he came back from China. But splitting 1 weeks rent 5 ways wasn't cool with the other guys so I took a serious stab at the gumtree advertisement. The best part about this arrangement is that Harry has already claimed that he can move out in February if Matt wants to move in.

In other news, I've found my evil genius nemesis at work today. He's pretty much exactly like me, but better in every way imaginable. His name is Gim and he is an Asian mastermind. Here are the some of the ways this guy is exactly like me, but better:
1) He and I were the only undergraduates working for Professor Prusty. Except I took 5 years to graduate and he only took 4.
2) He and I both created online tutorials. Except he created his faster and without coding bugs.
3) I tutored 1 subject last semester. He tutored 3.

It's times like these where I recall back to one of my fathers sayings: "You'll never be the best at anything. But don't worry, because you'll never be the worst either". Thanks Dad.

FuUUuUUuuck I still haven't purchased my beer making kit! Why did I choose the lead up to Christmas as a time to buy my expensive equipment? I think i'll wait till Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment