Thursday, November 21, 2013

Graduation

I'm done! The last exam I might ever do was completed on the 19 of November. I'm not quite free yet though, I still work part time (only 5 hrs a week though) and I still have a few chores to do which keep me on my toes. I've created a list of things I need to do on my 1 month holiday before I start full time. The first on that list was to drink every last drop of delicious wheat beer given to me by my neighbors. After I did that, my list was pretty much complete so I wrote out a new list on the back of a napkin. Here it is:

1) Find the name of the German beer I drank.
2) Start Brewing my own beer (seriously, this is going to happen. Get excited)
3) Get fit (or fitter) ((or just be less of a fatass))
4) Get involved in beach volleyball at Coogee beach on Saturdays
5) Travel to Melbourne
6) Do an online coding course
7) Learn to cook a few decent meals (that includes at least 1 healthy meal).
8) Play BioShock
9) Make squirtle vs Pikachu bottle cap artwork
10) Use the phrase "Trust me, I'm an Engineer" as much as possible. Even in circumstances where it doesn't apply.

And that's pretty much it. I want it to be a realistic list this time. When I graduated high school I made this list of 100 things I wanted to do. I'm pretty sure I burned the list on the 23rd day or something like that because I couldn't handle other people knowing that I didn't become the; guitar playing, figure skating Olympian I had set out to be.

In the meantime I've got to juggle these self improvement goals with the chore of finding a new housemate. Anna gave us like 3 months warning that she was leaving to move in with a friend of hers. But some things which should not be forgotten were lost - History become legend, legend became myth and for two and a half thousand hours the room passed out of all knowledge, until when chance came, I was given the job of finding a new roommate. But LOTR references aside, this is actually a good opportunity for me to get Matt Gates (a friend from way back) to live with us next semester. It'll be pretty badass to have an arts student and an Engineer living under the same roof - I smell a sitcom brewing.

Speaking of Brewing, i'm buying my own brew kit. I still know pretty much nothing about brewing beer, but does it matter? I'm sure I can take a few shortcuts along the way. I mean, I'll probably end up inventing the next super beer by accident. Trust me, I'm an Engineer.

I was bored at work yesterday so I played around in excel and figured out the grades I need for this semester to get first class honors. Sadly however, I realized I need a 90+ average for each subject. This is pretty unrealistic since I don't think I did that great in my first exam. It's still possible though (TMIAE) so the grade release date is going to be a pretty suspenseful moment because it means I can either JUST make 1st class honors or JUST miss out on it by less than a single WAM point.


No comments:

Post a Comment