Friday, November 22, 2013

Beer

So I went to a party yesterday with the intention of politely (arrogantly) bragging about my new drive to brew my own beer. The first person I happened to sit next to was [This comment has been censored by the Abbot Government. All hail Abbot]. I began with

"Hey man, guess what?"

"whu..?"

"I'M BREWING MY OWN BEER"

"Oh cool man. What type of hops do you plan on using? Are you going to use the standard coopers kit? Or are you going to be creative?"

"Ummm, I don't know yet. I'm still looking for good deals on eBay. I reckon I'll have a batch brewing by next month! You seem to know a little bit about brewing beer. Have you been watching YouTube videos too?"

"Nah man, I've been brewing my own beer for years now. **holds up an unlabeled beer** This is a batch 20."


Before my jaw could hit the floor, another friend of mine, [This comment has been censored by the Abbot Government. All hail Abbot], chimed into the conversation saying:

"Hey guys, d'ya brew your own beer too? The temperature fluctuation has been so bad for my latest batch, eh? I was just telling ____ that I might have to start investing an a isolation chamber"

At that moment [This comment has been censored by the Abbot Government. All hail Abbot] came up to us. He was on the lease for the house and stated talking about how his latest batch hadn't hadn't quite digested all the yeast yet. He then proceeded to walk into the next room and pull about a bunch of full bottles of his home brew.

I suddenly felt ill. I think it was due to all the commercialized unsanitary beer I'd been drinking. I made a few quick goodbyes and left. Since when did brewing your own beer become so mainstream? I wanted to be new and original and stuff. Now i'll be just another alcoholic hobo trying to save money. Fuuuu

On the bright side my new Pikachu vs Squirtle artwork is coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment