Saturday, January 6, 2018

America day 12

This is it. Last day.

We had no choice but to try driving to New York again. Every bus was cancelled, every train was cancelled, and every flight was full.

Shaken to the bone, and exhausted from waking up at 4:00am, we ventured out to New York in post blizzard whether. The drive was completely fine. The plow trucks and salters must have been working all night to make the roads as a safe as possible. The only difficulty came from driving into Manhattan during rush our. The traffic was horrendous and the driving etiquette was selfish, loud and inefficient. It's really a dog eat dog world in New York - people honk at each other, crowed intersections and zoom through pedestrians to get 10m closer to their goal. The atmosphere is contagious; I came close to honking my horn and screaming at adjacent drivers.

In the end we made it though, we got through New York rush our and sprinted our way to Chucks house.

The number one item on my list of things to do in New York was visit the 9/11 memorial museum. But when it came to saying goodbye to Kaz, I decided my time would be better spent traveling with her to her airport at JFK.

Right afterwards, I caught a desperate uber to Newark airport to catch my flight. $135. Shit.

The last few days in America were adventurous, but needlessly stressful. We spent too much time worrying about travel arrangements and calling car rental companies. None the less, I really enjoyed my time in the US.

Slideshow of trip:



https://animoto.com/play/FnEgs9Zx0aeuFwC9AwjIbw

No comments:

Post a Comment