Friday, January 1, 2016

Australia day 7

The 4 of us decided to rent a car and travel down to Byron bay! The cost of the car for 5 nights was only $400 - a particularly good deal since we were planning to use it for accommodation and transport.

During the day we decided to look around town. It's got such an amazing hippie vibe here! I love it. People walking around with singlets, no shoes and massive sunburn everywhere. The "falls festival" was also happening so the place was completely packed. I'm a little scared at how easily I managed to fit in.

During the evening I decided to go out drinking and talk to the "locals". Sadly I only managed to find Canadians or Australians from other parts of the east coast. None the less, the relaxing atmosphere was contagious and made talking to people a complete breeze. At this point I can't say I like the people from Byron, but I can say I like the people in Byron.

We had a look at a bunch of campsites and found out that camping was $125 for 4 people! Outraged, we decided to sleep in the car for the night. The Danish bloke had to sleep in the boot of the car; poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment