Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Australia day 4

After I crawled out of bed and ate my free double breakfast I said my goodbye to my German and American friends. I told them they could crash on my couch any time. Now I just need to find a home that has a couch.

At 10:00am I left to go hitchhiking. I wrote "gold coast" in capitals on my notebook and held it with my left hand while I put my thumb out with my right hand. In literally 60 seconds I had a local stop by the side of the road in a beaten down thing with 4 wheels. He said he could only take me half way there, so after I politely declined he offered me a shot of tequila instead. Literally 5 minutes later I got another offer by a middle aged Italian couple. It turns out that the couple were both neuroscience professors who were doing research on sleep. It was awesome talking to them, they strongly recommended I do a PhD.

I arrived at surfers Paradise without any problems whatsoever - I wasn't even stabbed once. When I arrived at my hostel I met a bunch of Canadians who were a lot of fun. We all went out to drink heavily. Having so much alcohol the day before new years was not smart :+(

No comments:

Post a Comment