Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Australia day 5

New years! Wooh!

I made a bunch of friends with a bloke from Denmark called Mathias, a new Zealand guy called Tenaki, and a guy from Norway called Bjørn (pronounced 'yaarn' for some reason), and two other British girls.

We all decided to go to the beach for a couple of hours and then see a '7D movie'. 7D was just a small 3D cinema on a platofrn that rocked which sprayed water at you at particular parts of the film... Yeah, I know, that's not 7D.

While we were in the city center we decided to check out the venue for new years. It looked good except we noticed our hostel was illegally selling tickets for $60 when we could buy tickets directly for $40. We all purchased the $40 ticket and hoped that police wouldn't shutdown the hostel or the venue to investigate the illegal markup pricing.

For new years I had plenty of wine (not goon) and a bunch of beers. New years was great. The people were friendly and there was no clubbing! The fireworks sucked and all 400 of us in the venue only caught the last 3 seconds if the countdown. None the less it was a really enjoyable night.

I stumbled into my bed fully dressed at 4am and fell asleep instantly. I was so glad I didn't have the energy to put away my phone or wallet or clean my clothes up from the floor (which were hiding my passports) because I found out the next morning that every room in the hostel had been robbed. Dozens of phones, wallets and bikes which were resting in plain sight had been stolen. Not mine though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment