Sunday, January 18, 2015

Leaving soon

Woah, I leave in like 5 days. I should probably organize my trip.

Ironically I've put more effort into organizing house trips to the pub or to the beach than I have into my trip. Just yesterday I went to the Blue Mountains with Mitch and before that I went to Jervis Bay for a spontaneous beach day. The Blue Mountains was awesome. The weather was great and the view was spectacular. At one point I jumped into freezing water at the bottom of a small waterfall. I've been trying unsuccessfully to organize a trip to the blue mountains for the last 3 weeks - I even went through the effort of creating a facebook event. In the end, I learned that the best way to organize something is to just make a spontaneous plan and stick to it. Jervis bay was great too. The sand was beautiful, white (not that there's anything wrong with black sand) and pollution free. The only downside was that there were quite a lot of kids playing around in the sand near us. This problem was fixed very easily by bringing out my portable speakers and blasting dubstep in their general direction. It was only a matter of time until their parents, good samaritans or pedophiles hastedly dragged the children away from us.




My Grandparents were visiting Australia over the Christmas break and only recently left. It was nice having them here. It was great to visit the pub with my Granddad and talk to him about his childhood and his Dad's involvement in WW1. I tried digging around for any photos of me with my Grandparents over the Christmas break where I'm not binging on food. After a few hours of searching I found one:


Ok guys, I reckon I'm going to end the post now. I've recently shared my blog with a work friend of mine. As a result, I think it's pretty important that I have at least 1 post that's not reflecting on how wasted I got a few nights before.


No comments:

Post a Comment