Sunday, December 9, 2012

The death penalty

For some reason western culture despises the death penalty as a method of controlling people. I can't understand why. There should definitely be a loop hole in the big book of law which says somewhere "the death penalty shouldn't be used UNLESS you're in a plane and stuck 5m away from a screaming baby. Then, by majority vote from other passengers, the baby may be a) strangled with the oxygen chord, or b) ejected from the plane via the poop shoot. Everything else about the plane ride is fine I'm in a good seat and every passenger has been given an ipad from duration of the flight. however this one baby has this inhuman ability to scream at a pitch which shatters your eardrums without any need to stop for air.
For those of you who don't know why I'm on a plane - because you've been living under a rock (or maybe you have your own lives) - I'm on a plane because I've got an internship in New Zealand looking after oil rigs n' stuff other than that you know just as much about my job as I do.
I arrived in Perth and met up with 2 other interns. One of them, Azlan, went to stay in a house for the duration of the safety induction course while the other intern went to to the ambassador hotel with me. Perth is surprisingly beautiful - there is a beautiful river only about 15 minutes walk away. I'm very pleased at the quality of the hotel room - its quite large and has all the facilities I could ever need - a fridge. The view is awesome too. I've got an amazing view of a garbage dump just outside my window.
Well that's all I'm going to write for this particular blog. I'm typing it on my phone at the moment which is a difficult task. I think I'm going to write my next blog after i have been given the Schlumberger computer after three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment