Saturday, November 24, 2012

Stereosonic

I went to a music concert called Stereosonic yesterday. I thought the only demographic of people that were going to go be there were young, modern music lovers. But it turns out that the real demographic was; druggies and body builders. I cannot begin to tell you how intimidated I was jumping up and down to music surrounded by guys a foot taller than me and weighing 400lb of pure muscle more than me.
Regardless of that, the lineup was good. Calvin Harris, Example, Avicii and Flux Pavilion were all playing. The live performance from Example was a bit disappointing, but the other bands were very impressive. I also think security did a good job at leaving just enough room for you to breath in.
I've never been a fan of the clubbing scene, so my expectations for Stereosonic were quite low. Fortunately for me, my expectations were slightly exceeded. However, this came at a cost. Not just a $159 cost, but also a biological cost. I can't hear out of my right ear, and my left ear is hallucinating a faint ringing sound. It's surprising how much you rely on your hearing for simple everyday chores.

My internship was in the dark for a while ever since I did my medical. I was very nervous about being unfit to work on an oil rig because of my abnormal breathing problems (yeah, I had no idea either), and my colour blindness. My worries were set aside 2 days ago when I received an email of final acceptance. I was expecting to be paid $3,300 for 3 months work in New Zealand. However, according to the papers that I'm signing, I'll be paid $21,000. HOLY SHIT! I would have worked for $12 and a sandwich. This doesn't shed light on the nature of my work, I think it shows the maldistribution of wealth in the oil industry.

I'm back at my parents house looking after my dog for a week straight because my mum and dad decided to take a trip to Indonesia (I'm unsure if it's work related or not, but either way I'm jealous).

No comments:

Post a Comment