Monday, May 27, 2019

Japan day 3 - Kyto

David designated himself as leader of the group and organised a very early tour around the bamboo Forrest. It was beautiful. The bamboo was smooth and well preserved. If I were blindfolded I would have guessed it was plastic. After the visit we stopped by a french themed bakery to grab some pastries. Don't get me wrong, the food was great and there was definitely a Japanese fusion with each pastry, but it felt strange to be enjoying such international foods in Japan. Not to worry, I guess I'll be indulging myself in Japanese food soon enough. Unfortunately after the meal I was so sleep depraved that I needed to travel back to the hotel to get a few more hours of beauty sleep.

After the small pit stop, Kaz and I decided to travel to travel to Ichiran Raman; a intentionally designed anti social restaurant where you make your order via vending machine. It was a fun gag and the food was phenomenal. We also had a small walk around the imperial palace too.

We rejoined David, Beck (Bek? Bec?) and Morgan at a restaurant where we enjoyed some homemade Japanese food (literally homemade, because this 'restaurant' was actually someones kitchen; I guess food serving laws in Japan are quite relaxed). The food was amazing and the service was super friendly.




No comments:

Post a Comment