Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Unemployment!

I'm almost jobless! Poor nutrition, dirty clothes, and brown paper bags to conceal my alcohol - here I come!

At first I thought I would be really empowered by the idea of being unemployed because of all the opportunity lying in front of me:
1) I have money now!
2) I have got my website up and running (barely)
3) I have nothing chaining me to Australia. For the most part, I can literally spin a globe and randomly point to a place I want to live
4) I'm going traveling around Asia in November & December

But recently I've been starting to feel quite anxious. My main concern is that once my travel induced optimism wares down, I'll be stranded in a random country without a job! I'm also especially worried that I might decide to spontaneously get a tattoo saying "Thug Life" across my chest in Vietnam, which will make employment quite a bit harder! Fortunately, no matter how drunk I am, I can trust my nerd instincts to kick in, and demand the tattoo artist to write "Thug Life" in klingon or elvish.

In all honesty though, I'm actually kind of glad I feel a little anxious. I think I'll be able to funnel that emotion into excitement and motivation when the time comes. I mean, there is so much I can do right now in this period of my life. I can brew my own beer and create personal labels for different types - I'm going to label them "Good Shit", "Cheap Crap" and "Decent Stuff".  I can live in Canada for a year and get drunk playing ice hockey! And so many more beer related activities!

At least for the next two months, I'm going to live entirely in the 'now' and let the future paranoid Matt go AWOL for a little while.



No comments:

Post a Comment