Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ankle and volunteering

My Ankle is still fucked! It actually seems to be getting worse! At first it didn't feel so bad, but now it's gotten to such a state that I've started to use crutches again. I'm convinced I'm undergoing a reversed healing process! I'm not worried though, I'll just have to endure the increasing pain until I reach the starting point where I injured my ankle - and then I'll be fine. Logic.

And now for something completely different:

I'm sooooooooo bored! My job isn't challenging me, I live by myself and I can't do many forms of exercise. My parents recently told me that they're planning on not renting out the apartment regardless of whether I stay in their flat or not; which means I can continue staying there almost rent free! This is actually a curse in disguise because now I've got a financial incentive to stay in the apartment and continue festering away.

On the bright side my social life hasn't completely shriveled up yet. I recently went to a drinks party with a few friends of mine roughly my age. You know you're all growed up when random people you talk to stop asking you questions like "what degree are you studying?" and "what are you going to be when you grow up?" and start asking you questions like "so where do you work?" and "whats your predicted value of goldman sachs shares?"

In an attempt to get more out of life I've applied to volunteer for a number of places. I've recently applied to be a mentor / tutor for the Shack Youth Services.  I also volunteered to help conduct noise and velocity measurements at the UNSW wind tunnel after I finish work. I volunteered for the same reason every else actually volunteers; to give myself a sense of accomplishment and an ego boost, not to help children. Fuck kids (not in the Catholic way).

No comments:

Post a Comment