Thursday, October 31, 2013

University is OVER!

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER! SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLS OUT FORRRRREVER!

But not really, I still have exams coming up. I just don't have a lecture to attend ever again. I finished my last day of Uni the way I started it - by not attending a single class. Wooh!

I also taught my last tutorial for the semester just a few hours ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. The students applauded me at the very end of the class. It started off with Jimmy, a star pupil of mine, slow clapping as I left the classroom. Others joined and the applause increased in loudness and frequency. I heard a high pitched whistle or two blend into the white noise of the now booming applause. Tears were starting to streak from my face as I powerfully pulled open the door for my triumphant departure. Liquid sunlight drenched the front of my body as I stared into the world beyond the door. Proudly stepping through the abyss I heard the faint crackle of fireworks echoing from the end of the classroom. I did it.

Oh, I also attended a Learning and Teaching debate thing today too. I was a member of the student panel answering questions about how to improve student learning. At the end I got a 50$ coupon and a free lunch! A video showing my responses will be uploaded to UNSW TV in about 4 weeks.

Now what do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment