Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Beards, Bali, Books and Bookings

See what I did there with the title? All the letters begin with B. Don't see it, that's OK, look up now. See it now? Yeah, it's amazing isn't it? How did I come up with so many words beginning with B? Years of studying the dictionary and poetic techniques have all lead to this outstanding moment. It's a pity nobody will be able to see that title because nobody reads my blog anymore - not even me. Seriously, it's been yonks since I've actually made a blog post. And it's been even longer since I've made a post unrelated to my frustrations at Uni/life.

In order to bring back the stalker demographic that usually follows my feed, I'm going to have to bring back more stories of binge drinking, stupid competitions and travel! Here we go!

Aiight, so I'm having a competition with 4/5 of my other roommates. The competition is to see who can go the longest without shaving their beard. The winner will get a crate of beer of their choice (topped at $60) bought by the other contestants, and the first loser has to wax his snail trail. It's been 2 1/2 weeks now and I'm starting to hit my first obstacle - the itch phase. It's a phase where your beard gets to the length where it curls around and tickles your jawbone/chin. The result is uncontrollable scratching and severe social alienation. My beard is worse than most because for some reason, I seem to be growing a type of blonde afro from my face which makes it itch a whole lot more. This won't stop me though, my roommates and I both know just how competitive I can be when it comes to meaningless crap - just take a look at how seriously I take Mario Kart. Fortunately, things will get easier once my beard reaches the length where it can successfully act as a portable fridge by storing bits of food & drink.

I'm also going to Bali in 4 days for my cousins wedding ! Wooh! I'm skipping a whole week of Uni - assignments and all - just so I can personally wish my cousin a happy future. Oh, i'm also gonna be there for some of the cheap food, hospitality and partying scenes too. For some reason I've always connected the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Bali, which makes me think of the song "californiacation" which makes me ironically think of California. But distractions aside, it'll be an amazing trip :)

Uni is going OK too. Studying is harder this semester than other semesters mainly because I think I have less concentration than I d. I also joined the Triathlon Club at UNSW - needless to say, everyone ran away from me :(. I don't think I'll go back because it was filled with really enthusiastic couples. I've got to say, being 9th wheeled is a weird experience.

Oh yeah, I'm going to Europe via China in July for a cousins Wedding again. We're anticipating a fast divorce and speedy marriage. It should be cool. I'm traveling via Amsterdam, Germany, France and possibly Switzerland to get to England for the wedding. I'll probably still have the beard growing by then, so I'll be happy to be stereotyped as the drunk hobo who steals all the food at the buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment