Friday, April 19, 2019

France Trip 12th April 2019

Heyo, so I just came back from France a week ago. I started writing content for my blog, but gave up after the first day. Here's what I wrote:

Achterlijk Netherlands, Bonjour France. On Friday (12th April) I woke up at 6am to travel to France with 6 friends of mine. They are all Indian so I was really the one rice crispy in a sea of cocopops. After a long but enjoyable flixbus ride via Belgium we arrived at Lille, France. Don't let the name fool you, it's actually a big city.
We walked around the city for a while seeing all the Lille statues and Lille museums. We even stopped by at a traditional Lille bar and enjoyed Lille espressos. 
In the evening I was pleasantly surprised with a deliciously large chocolate birthday cake. To top the day off we played a game of poker for a little bit of money. 

We were actually there for 3 days. The other days involved a lot more poker, museum tours and a quick visit to Dunkirk. Overall it was a nice experience and I enjoyed the company, but the whole trip seemed a bit dry. There wasn't much to do and there wasn't an exciting vibe about the city. The magic of France seemed to be pretty overshadowed by the homelessness problem. No stockpile of baguettes could outweigh the harassment we got from a beggar aggressively trying to steal our food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment