Friday, June 22, 2012

Australier

Back home! Back to eating Weet Bix for breakfast, Vegemite on Toast for lunch and Kangaroo for dinner!

My body is physically rejecting the change. I'm still jet lagged. I feel super awake during the night and drowsy during the day. I crave Tex Mex food everyday and I think I have withdrawals from Whataburger. I'm also trying to see how long I last until I inevitably end up drinking goon.

The adjustment to Australia has been easier than expected, but still pretty tough. I'm so glad I had a welcome back party - that was a good ice breaker. At the moment I'm searching the web to see if I can find a cheap place to move out to and I think I'll also start looking for job opportunities in the US soon.

I've been to two parties in the last two days and they've been fun. Although I miss the energy and Southern Hospitality that was so obvious to notice in the States. For example, I introduced myself to a small group that were talking to some of my mutual friends in a party last night. I approached them and got introduced by a mate of mine. Despite polite words on the outside, I was picking up on a 'who the fuck are you? Leave me alone' vibe. I really miss being able to go up to anyone in a party and have a good convo with a complete stranger. On the bright side though, I have some really good friends here that have made my adjustment to Australia much much easier. Specifically, I think I owe a shout out to Lauren Rose, Emma Boyce and Alex Kaye.

I find it so sad that I end up looking at pictures from the States about 4 times a day and end up listening to 'shes like Texas' by the Josh Abbott band about 12 times a day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, you used to write wonderful posts, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your tremendous posts. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! Embroidered logo blazer

    ReplyDelete